Monday, December 15, 2008

i'm still laughing.

i was rummaging the fridge for something to eat because i was hungry, when my mother (who was sitting at the kitchen table doing christmas things) started making these weird yipping noises. i paid her no mind until she had gone on for at least ten yips. i look over at her and she starts laughing because she was trying to get my attention. the following conversation ensued:
mother: do you remember that sesame street with the alien guys who talked to eachother like that? yip yip yip
me: um, no.
mother: well let's try it; when i say yip you answer me. yip.
me: haha no. did you know they're changing cookie monster to the carrot monster?
mother: because of all the chubby kids?
me: i think so, and bert and ernie can't live in the same room, politically incorrect, although i distinctly remember separate beds.
mother: they were roommates!
then she starts bobbing her head back and forth, doing the pigeon dance the p-i-g-e-o-n dance
i was laughing so hard i layed down on the counter for a little bit

later(as i'm blogging)
me:i'm worried no one is going to think it is funny!
mother: i don't think it is funny. i think it is normal. a lot of people talk about sesame all the time!

oh, mother.

9 comments:

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

I remember those aliens, I think they floated, and they just would look at each other and yip. I thought mom was going to say something about the Sienfield where Kramer tried to get Joe DiMaggio's attention by yipping and hitting the table, classic.

Nicole said...

It's more like this: yip, yip, yip, yip..uhuh (repeat). Trust me, a lot of people talk about Sesame. Well, maybe it's just a lot of Harrisons. And, I can totally do the p-p-pigeon.

Alyssa Findlay said...

I totally remember those aliens! That was definately children's television at it's finest. lol

randi and joey said...

Ha ha I love hearing stories about your mom.... she is crazy.

Unknown said...

I LOVE MOM! she is so funny. You wanna know what she said to me the other day? "kendra, quit all this "dating" business. Find a man, and GET MARRIED!" Well, my bad. Why didn't I think of that?? Mom is the best

Tracy said...

I seem to remember that it was more like "yup" not "yip" but regardless, mom is right, many many cool people talk about sesame all the time!

Nicole said...

Much weirder than I remembered.

Jennilyn Proulx said...

I think it's hillarious!!! And an FYI...no babies. No way. Just a dog. That's all I can handle!

Kami said...

I love your mother. She sounds just as crazy as mine.