Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Coast.

I recently attended a family reunion on the Oregon Coast. It was awesome, to say the least. I successfully reached my goal of entering the frigid, hypothermia-in-15-minutes, Pacific ocean each day of my trip. (Once at 9 o'clock at night, the single coldest moment of my ENTIRE life.) Fully immersed each time.
Almost everyone from my mom's side of the family was there which made for a hectic experience. Becca and I counted 75 people in all.
Highlights:
*getting infected from a bite inflicted upon me by my 2 and a half year old nephew
*my sister Kim informing me she needs to use the bathroom before me because she has a uterus. I kindly reminded her, i have one too. (she is pregnant)
*this one i actually don't remember but apparently i told my sister Renee' late one night as she was climbing into the bunk underneath me (I was asleep) that if she didn't stop making noise i was going to kill her.
*skipping the tea party my aunts put on to sleep and watch the movies crash and miss congeniality on tv, both have sandra bullock in them (just a fun fact) then making my brothers go back and get me some truffles.
*Lance gave each of us a quote for the vacation-mine was, "I'm ounce counting!" only because EVERYONE kept drinking out of my water bottle, constantly. I have to drink 1.5 liters a day, people.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

The truffles were sooooo good. I sent a little present for you with Tracy. I miss you! When are you coming to back to Puddletown??

Tracy said...

As always, the awesome goal-setter and keeper. Better come visit me if you want your present from Nicole!

Kim, Byron H & M said...

I'm horrified to hear my uterus mentioned on your blog. I deny making any such statement!