Tuesday, April 28, 2009

powers of persuasion? or personal appearance? you decide.

the place, the lunch room at hillcrest. the time, lunchtime. the players? yours truly. so i was in the lunchroom in line for lunch with my friend, Kiley. as we were checking out there was a rag folded neatly in front of the til. i asked the lady what it was for, and she said the milk is always wet so it is there to place your carton on it to dry it off. i chuckled and said you are so smart! and the lunch lady said she knew this already. i leaned in conspiratorially, and said smart enough to get me free lunch?? she just laughed and i laughed, and Kiley laughed. and that was that. or so it seemed: later she came up to me as i was sitting on a lunch table and she handed me a cookie! she said you're too skinny!
and this wasn't my first jaunt with a lunch employee. once a lunch man gave me a free apple.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Ha ha, a little of both? Why is it that I am always compelled to read your posts out loud to Craig, laughing?

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

I think you have the gift Brooke, it is so precious. SO few of us are given food gratuitously.