Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Legal and Liable--





Well. I did it. I turned eighteen. I think i'm going to be sick.


I wish everyone was aware of eachother, to be able to have some inkling of what another is feeling. That way we would be more compassionate and less self-centered. That's my goal in this new year of my life, to be aware of others and forget myself.


Enough serious talk. My Birthday was awesome, i got a guitar! i originally named it Kevin but then everyone thought i had named it after Uncle Kevin and it got really awkward so it is nameless again. We went to Citrus Grill for dinner and to Tracy's for dessert. I think it is one of the most laid back birthday's i've ever had (i vaguely remember watching tv alone at home for a while) but it was definitely one of the best.


i just have a little side story, i was at work yesterday and my very last table was this real cute older couple but that's beside the point. I came out to check on them and the lady asked abashedly if she could have a new water as a fly had landed in hers. I apologized and she took it as license to tell me the story, it had flown by and she blew it away from her and into the glass. (it must have been a teeny fly). I laughed and said, "you blew that fly to it's demise." They both just looked at me until I just took the glass and walked away. I still think it was pretty funny, but apparently i'm the only one.

6 comments:

randi and joey said...

brooke! i love hearing all the stories at your tables! oh... im going to miss you wednesday, i will be thinking about you all night. glad you had a good birthday...... see? 18 is not so bad after all

Alyssa Findlay said...

Now that you're 18, you can come to YSA with me and Kayla! Bro. Newbold brings candy pretty much every week...

Unknown said...

I just LAUGHED OUT LOUD at work about "you blew that fly to it's demise." HAHA. Old people are weird.

Tracy said...

I thought the fly joke was funny, too. But maybe the lady starting contemplating her murderous act and just got serious.

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

That reminds me of a story. At my tables I used to joke about how the food was better than the service, and at one table after I made a dumb joke i said "there's that bad service" and they laughed. When I came back to that table i brought bread sticks with their meal, and the lady said, "you read our minds" talking about the bread, but I just stared at them and then looked from them to the food and said awkwardly, "No, you ordered this" like she had meant that I had read their minds on what they wanted to eat, which is funny by itself, but then she says "there goes that bad service again" which is as close as I'll ever get to someone almost tricking the trickster! Love ya little sis, I hope all your wildest dreams come true this year. See you in two days. OK, now I'm just trying to stretch out this long comment as long as I can. And. . .I'm . . .spent.

Kim, Byron H & M said...

Brookie!! I'm so glad you had a good birthday. And from those pictures, I must comment on what an attractive family we have. WOW.

Don't worry about the old fogies, they probably didn't understand what the word "demise" meant. Seriously.